Last week, we shared information about Save Our Seas 2.0, legislation passed last December to reduce marine debris, especially plastic. Here’s what you can do to help!
• Avoid excess packaging whenever possible.
• Opt for reusables, such washable water bottles, coffee and tea mugs, lunch bags and containers, and dishware.
• Empty and rinse plastic bottles, jugs, jars, and containers and then recycle them in your curbside cart or local recycling drop-off center.
• Properly dispose of all waste by placing it in trash bins. Remember that all disposable masks, wipes, gloves, tissues, and paper towels go into the trash.
• Pick up litter promptly along the street in front of your property or when you take a walk or visit a park. Be sure to wear gloves when picking up trash!
• Drop off empty grocery bags and other film plastic in recycling bins at local stores. For locations, visit Plastic Film Recycling.
Photo credit: BrianAJackson | iStock | Getty Images Plus