Each spring, Eco Partners has a fun and free NCAA basketball bracket tournament for our Trash Talk! clients. Sadly, there are no games for us to base our brackets on this year. Fear not! A new kind of TT! Challenge can be had while we all practice safe social distancing.
We are challenging you to an alternative FUN and FREE way to pass the time while we are all impacted by our efforts to help “flatten the curve” for the spread of COVID-19. You are invited to earn points by doing productive and healthy activities during this time of social distancing. Here are examples, but feel free to be creative. Each activity is one point unless otherwise noted.
- Join the Trash Talk! Challenge (Your first point!)
- Get outside and enjoy a nature walk or hike (2 points)
- Call a family member, friend, or neighbor who is homebound or quarantined
- Donate to a food pantry or shelter
- Read a book (2 points for an “environmental” book)
- Play a board game or work on a puzzle with family or friends
- Play an online game with others in lieu of meeting in person
- Pick up litter (2 points, but wear gloves!)
- Learn something new (cooking technique, sewing, crafting, or a language!)
- Make something from reusable materials at home (2 points)
- Create a new recipe from items in your pantry
- Clean out your medicine cabinet or HHW storage (2 points)
- Support a local business with a drive-thru purchase or carry-out meal
- Declutter a closet or room in your home (2 points if you donate or share any extra items you no longer want)
Send the first and last name and email address for each participant to email@example.com. We will send you a sample template for players to use to track activities. Share what you are doing with us on Twitter using @eco_partners with the hashtag #TTChallenge2020 or on Facebook with the same hashtag. We can’t wait to see your ideas!
Please return your final tracking sheets to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 317-575-8567 by 5 pm EDT, Monday, April 6.
Let’s try this for the next few weeks, ending Monday, April 6, same as the timing for the usual NCAA basketball Trash Talk! Challenge. We will announce the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place 2020 Trash Talk! Challenge winners on Tuesday, April 7. In case of a tie, we will draw a name from among the high scorers.
Have fun and stay healthy!
Photo: Leonid studio | iStock | Getty Images Plus