It is great to recycle at home, but just as important to recycle while on the go. Do you look for recycling bins while traveling or when out and about?
Our Trash Talk! Travelers, Dean and Karen Smith, always do! This summer, they traveled to Alaska and checked out local recycling efforts while they were there.
A former solid waste management district director in Indiana, Dean and his wife Karen have traveled widely since he retired. They make a point to seek out local recycling programs on their travels. On each trip, they take a photo while wearing one of our Trash Talk! polo shirts. Dean is pictured here by paper and recycling bins in Copper Center, Alaska.
- Bring Snacks and Water in Reusable Containers–no need to recycle these!
- Bring Bags to Collect Recyclables
- Stay in a Hotel with Recycling Services (when staying overnight)
- Recycle with Your Friends and Family in their homes
- Create or Expand Your Workplace Recycling Program