It’s easy to grab a single-serve bag of chips and throw them in with a sandwich for lunch or take them along for a quick snack. But did you know it’s almost as easy to make and bag your own? Plus, you’ll know exactly what has been sprinkled on the chips, maybe just salt if that’s your preference. Here’s a recipe for Quick DIY Tortilla Chips, but there are many recipes online for pita chips, veggie chips, and potato chips. These are a few to try, but a quick search brings up many options.
You could also use flour tortillas in the recipe below and sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar. Experiment with different spices to customize your chips! This is a fun activity for kids, too.
Quick DIY Tortilla Chips
Corn tortillas (or flour if you prefer)
Chili Powder and Cumin (optional)
1. Set oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stack a few tortillas and use a pizza cutter to cut the stack into eight pieces like a pie.
3. Spread the tortilla wedges on a non-stick baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle with salt and any seasonings.
5. Bake for about 6 minutes then use tongs to turn the chips. Sprinkle lightly on the other side.
6. Bake about 8 more minutes or until chips are crispy, but not too brown.
7. Allow to cool.
7. Pack your chips in an airtight reusable container or individual containers.
Photo credit: milanfoto | E+ | Getty Images