Do you have a solid waste management program to celebrate? The call is out for this year’s entries for the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) Excellence Awards.
According to SWANA, there are five great reasons to apply.
- Award winners get international recognition.
- Entries are only judged against projects from similarly-sized communities.
- SWANA will help draft a release to spread the word about your recognition as an industry leader.
- Nothing says “we are the best” like a peer-reviewed confirmation of your accomplishments.
- Every entry receives a critique and feedback about how to improve for future re-submission.
Early Bird registration rates are being held at last year’s fee until March 1, 2015. The deadline for all applications is April 17, 2015. Get started on your application today!
There are 13 Excellence Award categories. One entity can submit up to three entries total from the following:
– Awareness Campaign
– Collection System
– Communication, Education and Marketing (CEM) Tools
– Composting System
– Educational Program
– Integrated Solid Waste Management System
– Landfill Gas and Biogas
– Landfill Management
– Landfill Redevelopment
– Recycling System
– Special Waste
– Transfer Station
– Waste to Energy