Here are some great ways to thank your dad and go easy on the environment at the same time.
1. Make your own card. No card company can tell your dad how much he means to you as well as you can. So grab your art supplies and get creative.
2. Spend time together. Do something your dad enjoys. Go for a bike ride, a hike, or a walk. Stroll over to a bench or lawn chairs and sit together in the shade. Take him fishing or camping. Or if dad enjoys staying in, play a board game. Your dad would love a chance to catch up.
3. Do a job for him. Mow the lawn, wash the car, sweep the walk, or trim the hedge. You get the idea. Take a chore off his to-do list.
4. Have him over for dinner or ice cream and cake. Cook dad’s favorite foods. Taking the time to cook for dad is an awesome way to show how much he means to you.
5. Do all the above and he’s sure to have an unforgettable Father’s Day!
If you don’t live close enough to spend the day with your dad, you can still make your own card and enclose coupons for gifts like these the next time you are together. Or consider “reusable” gifts for a dad who lives further away — a book or DVD (shop reused, if possible) or a gift card to his favorite restaurant. If you want to send treats, his local florist might be able to create a “treat basket” with dad’s favorite nuts, fresh fruit, candy, and snacks.
This Father’s Day, show your dad you care for him—and the environment—at the same time!
Photo © iStock | mediaphotos